Cops analysing Buxar DM’s two-page ‘suicide’ note – The Hindu

The Delhi and Ghaziabad Police are analysing a two-page ‘suicide’ note Buxar District Magistrate Mukesh Pandey left behind to establish a sequence of events between his disappearance from a south Delhi hotel to his death in Ghaziabad on Thursday night.

The Ghaziabad SDM held an inquest, based on the submissions of which a probe will be marked either to the police in Delhi, where a missing complaint was registered, or Ghaziabad, where he was run over by a train.

Body moved to AIIMS

A post-mortem examination was conducted in Ghaziabad on Friday. The post-mortem, which was videographed, was conducted at Hindon mortuary. “The body has been handed over to the family. It has been shifted to AIIMS where it will be embalmed. It will be transported to Guwahati airport on Saturday morning,” said a senior police officer.

While the police did not reveal details about the alleged suicide note, SSP (Ghaziabad) H. N. Singh mentioned the detailed note in a WhatsApp message to Mr. Pandey’s relatives. A smaller, hand-written copy of the note was recovered from Mr. Pandey’s pocket.

“I am committing suicide in district centre area of Janakpuri in west Delhi…by jumping off the 10th floor of the building. I am fed up with life and my belief in human existence has gone. My detailed suicide note is kept in a Nike bag in room 742 of the hotel. I am sorry, I love you all! Please forgive me,” said the note according to the SSP.

Also, a 5-minute video clip has surfaced where Mr. Pandey says he is going to end his life. While he didn’t blame anyone, he claimed he was upset over the quarrels between his wife and mother. The IAS officer said in the video that it was shot at the Buxar Circuit House.

On Thursday, the IAS officer had sent a message to his father-in-law and other relatives to tell them that he was staying at Leela Palace, and that he planned to end his life in Janakpuri. According to the police, Mr. Pandey was denied access to the roof of the District Centre, after which he took a metro train to Anand Vihar, and from there a train to Ghaziabad. The police are probing to see if he had reconsidered his plan.

Source Article from

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.